Networking & IT Infrastructure Engineer (Europe)
You enable proper connectivity for Dorel between the different regions.
As an engineer you will be part of our European team to bring our infrastructure to the next generation, by enabling proper and secure VPC connectivity between our Hybrid cloud environment.
The Networking & IT Infrastructure Engineer is part of a team of three people responsible for the infrastructure and security management of Dorel Juvenile Europe. Specifically, your mission is to support Dorel’s current Networking & Security infrastructure, and work closely with your global colleagues from other Dorel regions to enable proper connectivity between the regions.
This is you!
- Design, Implementation and Maintenance of our WAN, LAN and Wireless LAN environment.
- Configuration of our Cisco Switches and Fortinet Firewall.
- Design, Implementation and Maintenance of connectivity to our public cloud infrastructure
- Implementation and maintenance of security policies, and continuously improve.
- Participate in team / business discussion for continuous improvement of our network infrastructure.
- Providing level-2 support to our Service Desk
- Provide network support by resolving problems and answering questions related to the Network & Telecom systems, including partnering with vendors and carrier support to resolve network problems and/or outages
- Ensure the network is running at optimum speed and efficiency through monitoring and optimization
- Work closely with the System engineers on datacenter infrastructure topics
This position reports directly to Erwin van Belkom, the European IT Services Manager, also based in Helmond.
- Bachelor or Master degree; e.g. Computer Science or Information Technology; with > 7 years relevant experience
- Excellent English and/or Dutch, both written and spoken.
- Good working experience with Fortinet Firewalls a big plus
- Good working experience on load balancing concepts , F5 – LTM is a big plus
- Understanding of RADIUS and TACACS+ solutions
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and Cisco switching
- Knowledge of network monitoring, SNMP, NetFlow, packet capture and analysis.
- Wireless Implementation and configuration experience. Cisco WLAN controllers.
- Having good ESX VMware experience is a pre
- You have the motivation and ambition to drive our organization into the next generation networking solutions such as implementing SD-WAN solutions, setting up VPC connectivity to cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, AWS and Google Cloud.
This requisition is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
Are you ready to grow with us?
At Dorel Juvenile, we create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees, you included, are directly involved in everything we do. From research and design to marketing! Our strong brands include Maxi-Cosi, Bébé comfort, Quinny and Safety 1st and can be found in over 80 countries! Are you going to help us fulfill our ambitions?
What’s in it for you?
A Networking & IT Infrastructure Engineering position with lots of freedom in an international environment within an international team. With freedom comes responsibility, we enable you to truly exceed your own (and our) expectations. We offer great working conditions and even better colleagues. Flexible working hours? Be our guest!
Want to work with us?